The application of security drones for business and industrial establishments could become a reality in the future since they provide foolproof protection. The speed of Wi-Fi communication between the drones and control stations determine the success of the system. The essential parts of the drone are its cameras, sensors, onboard computer and the rotors. The lithium batteries allow a flight time between 12 minutes and 45 minutes after charging for 1.5 to 2 hours. Many of the systems don’t have option for additional batteries. The range of control varies between 1KM and 4KM.
Future Drones – An Overview
- Drone Flight: – The future drones need to have extended flight time since the security concerns will be to increase the surveillance hours.
- Drone Feasibility: – Speed and movement control has to be based on the situation at the surveillance spot. Transmission of real time videos and sensory signals can invoke the warning alarms at the installed security locations. Enabling instant action increases the feasibility of deploying drones at high costs.
- Drone payload: – Lightweight components can help lower the net payload and improve the performance levels.
- Drone Intelligence: – At present the security drones are mostly controlled by remote pilots from the central station. The future system of Artificial intelligence is expected to be completely managed by the computer systems. The security personnel need to specify the origin, path and the end point on the route map. The drones continue to survey the specified zone until they reach the automated return time. Preprogrammed systems help generate warning when suspicious movements and security threats are detected by the drones.
- Drone Cost: – The average cost of small range security drones is expected to reduce considerably while the quality and performance options can improve. These are mainly due to the increase in competition among brands.
Leave a Reply